Education Snippets In India
Education Snippets In India
Send Your Snippets to : info(at)scholarshipsinindia.com
The Spastics Society of Tamil Nadu (SPASTN) offers the following programmes under regular mode:
* Diploma in Special Education for persons with cerebral palsy(DEDSECP) - Duration: two /years
* Diploma in Basic Develop?ment Therapy for persons with neurological disabilities (BDT) - Duration: one year
* Post graduate Diploma in Developmental Therapy (multiple disabilities: physical & neurological) - Duration: one year & three months
* Post graduate Diploma inSpecial Education ( Multiple Disabilities : Physical & Neurological) - Duration: One year & three months
Under their distance education programme, it offers B.Ed SE (MR) - course duration is two years. Under the online education mode, they offer foundation course which is of three months duration.
Several need-based short-term training courses/workshops in early identification and early intervention, Neuro-de-velopmental therapy and Integrated and Inclusive education, Multiple Disabilities are also conducted by SPASTN.
For enquiries, contact HRDC, SPASTN, Ohone: 22541651, 22541542 or Sanjay, Associate Professor at: 9884241095. For more information log on to: www.spastn.org
Social enterprise management
LIVE-Loyola and CSIM are launching a one-year weekend programme, Postgraduate Diploma in Social Enterprise Management (PGDSEM). This is a cross-disciplinary programme that combines both business and social sciences. PGDSEM equips you with broad-based business skills; empowers you with key innovation strategies and tools and exposes you to underlying global and local social concerns. The course has been designed for people working in CSR programmes or non-governmental organisations or those who aspire to be social entrepreneurs. Students pursuing their final year graduation may also apply.
At the end of the programme, a one-month internship in a social enterprise is offered to facilitate project report preparation. Hand-holding support will be offered to participants who wish to launch their own social enterprise, and scholarships will be provided to deserving candidates.
The course will be held at Loyola College, Nungambakkam, Chennai on Saturdays from 2p.m. to 7 p.m. and on one Sunday in a month from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. For registration, call 98847 00029. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.csim.in
Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) invites application for B.Sc Interior Designing course. Those with 50 per cent marks in aggregate of best five subjects in Class XII in any stream with a pass in English are eligible to apply. Admission is based on qualifying MR-NAT 2013 and merit in qualifying examination. Deadline to apply is September 7. Phone: 0129-4198100. Website: www.mriu.edu.in
Resonance, an educational institute, has announced the third season of the nationwide Academic Talent Search Test called Scholarship & Talent Reward Test (STaRT-2014). It serves as a platform for academic and self-development benefits for students viz national benchmarking and exposure to real life academic competition. Students securing an all India rank-I will be awarded with a gold medal and a elevenday educational tour to NASA. The all India rank-2 student will be awarded a silver medal and a nine-day educational tour to CERN-ESA in Europe. Furthermore, the all India Rank-3 will be awarded a bronze medal and a six-day educational tour to Science Centre in Singapore. STaRT-2014 is conducted in two stages at a national level in 62 cities across the country. Students studying from class 5 to 12, from any board, any stream and belonging to either English or Hindi medium can appear for the test. Registration for STaRT-2014 closes on October 13, 2013. The registration fee is Rs. 200. If a government school c
onducts the test in its own premises, it will be free. More at: www.resostart.in
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, has invited online applications for an entrance examination to be held on July 28 for admission to its DM, MCh, Ph.D. and postdoctoral fellowship programmes in various specialities and disciplines. Last date : July 11; www.jipmer.edu.in
The National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology, New Delhi, has invited applications for admission to its MA History of Art, Conservation, Museology course. An entrance test will be held on July 8-10. Website : www.nmi.gov.in
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, has invited applications for admission to an integrated interdisciplinary Master of Science (MS) programme at its Institute for Intensive Research in Basic Sciences. Those having an aptitude in basic science with at least 55 per cent'marks in the Plus Two science stream examination are eligible to apply. An entrance test will be held on July 28. Last date: July 10; Webstite : www.mgu.ac.in
The Institute of Distance Education of the University of Madras has invited applications for admission to its various MBA courses in Marketing, Financial Systems, Human Resources, Hospital Management, International Business, Operations Management, Education Management, Travel and Tourism Management, Apparel Management, Export-Import Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Shipping and Port Management, Information Security Management; and Executive Management; a five year integrated MBA course; an MCA programme; and an M.Sc. (IT) course in Mathematics, Psychology, Information Security and so on. Apply now; www.ideunom.ac.in
The School of Design of the University of Mysore has invited applications for admission to its BArch. and M.Arch. courses. Last date: July 3; Website: www.uni-mysore.ac.in
The National Power Training institute, Nagpur has invited applications for admission to its postgraduate diploma course in Transmission and Distribution Systems. Last date: July 19; website: www.npti.nagpur.com
Visual Journalism : Applications for admission are now being accepted for Visual Literacy in Newsroom, the first course under the certificate programme, at Konrad Adenauer Asian Centre for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines. The deadline for submitting the form is June 28,2013. The course will run from July 1 to August 31, 2013. The course fee is PhP 10,000 (International students pay USD 250). The deadline for the Mobile Journalism course is August 16. Classes begin on September 2 and end on November 2. The deadline for the Visual Storytelling course is October 25. Classes will be held from November 11 to January 11. A maximum of 15 students are admitted to each course. All courses are held using Blackboard, an online learning management system. The certificate programme offers stand-alone courses that focus on the use of visual images in cross-platform journalism. It seeks to raise the bar for journalism in Asia through short-term university-based training designed for reporters, editors and professionals in allied fields. To download the applica?tion form log on to http://acfj.ateneo.edu/?page_id=1737
* USIEF Orientation : The EducationUSA center at the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) will conduct a one-day pre-departure orientation for students admitted to U.S. universities for Fall 2013, on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 in Chennai. The orientation will cover sessions on arrival formalities, cultural and social life in the United States and most importantly, understanding and adapting to American classrooms. Limited seats are available. Interested students are requested to register by July 1. For more details, please contact 044-28574134; email: email@example.com or check https://www.facebook.com/events/462059637210630/
* Managing travel : Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Nellore, an autonomous organisation of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, invites applications for the two-year, fulltime postgraduate diploma in management - PGDM (tourism and Cargo) - approved byAICTE.
This unique PGDM course opens doors to many areas including Tour Operations, Tourism Marketing, Event Management, Hospitality, Foreign Exchange, Air and Shipping Cargo, Freight Forwarding, Airports and Airlines, State/Central Tourism Organisations, E-Tourism Services and more.
This is the first approved postgraduate diploma in management programme in the country in Air and Shipping Cargo Management.
The course also offers a dual specialisation in Tourism Marketing, Tour Operations and Air Cargo and Shipping Cargo Management.
The Institute has a reputation for 100 per cent placement. Students were placed in national and international organisations. The Government of India Reservation policy is applicable.
Eligibility: Graduate/Appearing for Final Year, with 50 per cent marks (45 per cent for SC/ ST/OBC/PH) can apply. The last date for receiving applications is July 10, 2013. Classes will begin on July 22, 2013. Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.iittm.org/ An application fee of Rs 1000.00 (Rs 750.00 in the case of SC/ST/OBC/PH) is to be given in the form of a demand draff in favour of IITTM Nellore, payable at Nellore. For Further Details contact: 9866274850; 0861 2353199 " mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cochin Shipyard has invited applications for a year's marine engineering training approved by the Director General, Shipping. Graduates in Mechanical, Mechanical, Automation and Naval Architectural Engineering with minimum 50 per cent marks may apply. Applicants should have obtained 50 per cent marks in English in the 10th or the 12th standard examination.Upper age limit is 28 as on August 1. Last date: July 1. http://www.cochinshipyard.com/
*Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, has invited applications for admission to superspecialty courses such as DM in Cardiology, Neurology and Nephrology and MCh in Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Download application form and prospectus from http://www.cmcludhiana.in/ Last date: June 5.Admission test: June 7.
* The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior, has invited applications for admission to its MBA, MBA ITeS Management, MBA Public Service Management and e-governance. Last date: June 3; www.iiitm.ac.in
* Applications have been invited for admission to a certificate course in piping engineering for graduates in Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering at the continuing education centre of the Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram. The training will be held from June 5 to 19. http://www.gecbh.ac.in/
* The Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Thiruvananthapuram, has invited applications for admission to its BPEd, MPE and postgraduate diploma in Health and Fitness Management programmes.
* Last date for the MPE and the diploma course is June 8 and for BPEd June 12. http://www.lncpe.gov.in/
* The Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam, has invited applications from talented and motivated students for the award of JRFs.Junior Re?search Fellowships in the frontier areas of engineering and scientific research. Last date: June 7.http://www.igcar.gov.in/
* The National Power Training Institute has invited applications for admission to a post-diploma course in Thermal Power Plant Engineering and a postgraduate diploma course in Transmission and Distribution at its Badarpur, New Delhi centre. Last date: July 26. http://www.nptidelhi.net/, http://www.npti.in/ /p>
* The departments of Opto Electronics, Computer Science and Futures Studies of the University of Kerala have invited applications for an entrance test for admission to M.Tech. programmes for students who do not have a score in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Last date: June 25; http://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
* The Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod : has invited applications for admission to its M.Sc. courses in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Animal Science, Genomic Science, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science; MA courses in English and Comparative Literature, Economics, Linguistics and Language Technology, Hindi and Comparative Literature, and International Relations and Political Science; MSW course and M.Ed, course in English, Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Selection is on the basis of rank obtained in the Central Universities Common En?trance Test (CUCET 2013). Apply online on www.cucet2013.co.in. Last date: May 30. www.cukerala.ac.in
* The University Grants Commission has invited applications for the award of 2,000 fellowships for Scheduled Caste candidates and 667 for Scheduled Tribe candidates under the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for full-time advanced studies and research leading to M.Phil, or Ph.D. degrees. Apply now. www.ugc.ac.in.
* A detailed notification of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) for the award of fellowships for students interested in research careers will be published on July 14. Students in the Plus Two science stream, first year B.Sc. integrated M.Sc. or MS in Basic Sciences courses during the academic year 2013-14 may apply. www.kvpy.org.in
* Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Thiruvananthapuram regional centre, has invited applications for admission to its distance-education courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Com., M.Li.Sc, MCA, BA, B.Sc, B.Com., BCA, B.Li.Sc, BSWand BBA in retailing. Last date: June 15. www.ignou.acin. IGNOU Regional Centre, Killippalam, e-mail: email@example.com; ph: (0471) 234 4113.
* Birla Institute of Technology and Science,Pilani, has invited applications from employed professionals for admission to offcampus work-integrated learning programmes: BS course in Engineering Technology and Information Systems; MS courses in Manufacturing Management, Software Systems, Quality Management and Consultancy Management; and M.Phil, courses in Hospital and Health Systems Management. Download application form and details from www.bits-pilani.acin./wilp-admis-sion. Last date: June 10.
* Applications have been invited for a common entrance test to be held on July 28 for admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Prosthetic and Orthotics; Master of, Physiotherapy; and Master of Occupational Therapy courses at the Swami Vivekananda National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research, Olatpur, Odisha, and the National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped, Kolkata. Both institutions are functioning under the Union government. Last date: June 28. www.nirtar.nic.in
* The Vector Control Research Centre, Puducherry, under the Indian Council of Med?ical Research, has invited applications for admission to a two-year postgraduate course in Public Health Entomology, affil?iated to Pondicherry University. Last date: June 14. Download application form and details from www.vcrc.res.in
* List of candidates who have registered for the joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF/LS (NET) Scheduled for June 23 shall be available on www.csirhrdg.res.in from May 23. Check the registration and if the name of ? any candidate is missing, contact the ex?amination unit between May 23 and 29.
Education Snippets In India