Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation Scholarship Information
MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIPS TO MERITORIOUS STUDENTS PURSUING ENGINEERING / MEDICAL / ARCHITECTURAL COURSES IN INDIA
Swami Dayanand Charitable Educational Foundation announces its 2nd Merit-cum-Means Scholarship of students studying in professional engineering and medical courses at premier institutes of India. The foundation awards scholarships to the students who have overcome the adversity of their family's circumstances to be among the top rankers in national level common entrance tests, based on which they have secured admissions to quality engineering/medical colleges. The SDCEF aims at helping exceptionally talented but poor students in India who could not complete their higher studies due to economically weak conditions.
200 scholarships are offered for Engineering/Medical/Architecture students. The details of Scholarships is given below:
S.No. - Scholarship - No. of Scholarship - Scholarship Amount (Per Annum)
1.Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Scholarships - 40 - Rs. 25,000
2. Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Memorial Scholarships - 40 - Rs. 22,500
3. Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Memorial Scholarships - 40 - Rs. 20, 000
4. Smt. Shanti Devi Memorial Scholarships - 40 - Rs. 17,500
5. Sh. Ram Ji Lal Memorial Scholarships - 40 - Rs. 15,000
RESERVATION: 30% of total scholarships offered are reserved for women candidates.
1. Students pursuing full time/regular courses in the institute/College recognized by the AICTE/State Education Board/MCI. Only students studying in 1st year or second year are eligible to apply for the scholarship (except for renewal of scholarships). a) Engineering: Candidate should be a graduate engineering in IITs or NITs. b) Medical: Candidate should be studying in the Govt. College for which they have taken admission by passing Competitive Examination conducted by Central/State Boards. A proof of rank will be submitted for applying scholarships. c) Architecture: Candidate should be studying in the Govt. College for which they have taken admission by passing Competitive Examination conducted by Central/State Boards. A proof of rank will be submitted for applying scholarships.
2. Candidate must have secured 70% marks in 12th class.
3. Grade Point Average should be atleast 6.5 in 10 points scale system.
4. Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs.2.5 lacs per annum. Students having lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order. Income certificate should be got issued from appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Governments whose details have been specified under the head ?Submission of Documents by Applicants?. Any Affidavit submitted as Income Proof shall not be accepted.
5. The age limit of the applicant is maximum 25 years as on 1st of October, 2016 for the Academic Session.
6. The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Interested students meeting above eligibility criteria can apply online by logging on to www.swamidayanand.org. The receiving of online applications will start from 15.09.2016 and end on 15.10.2016. Once the online application is submitted by an applicant, the system will generate a unique Registration Number. The applicants should note down this number and also take a print out of this Online Registered Application Form for future reference/correspondence. An e-mail message on the e-mail address given in the online application will be generated automatically as a token of confirmation of submission of your Online Application Form.
2. Complete application form with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form should be duly certified by their Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute/ College, should reach the designated address.
3. Alongwith the documents, Students have to submit an essay, in his own handwriting on ?How will I spend Scholarship money to improve my college education? (Not more than 300 words).
4. A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship / stipend / financial aid from any other source. The payment of Scholarship will be sent to selected scholars on six monthly basis. The SDCEF reserves the right to reject any application as well as discontinue the scholarship at any time without giving any notice/assigning any reason. The foundation also reserves the right to cancel/modify/change any provision/guideline/criteria/conditions of the scheme in full or in part at any point of time.
5. For any queries, you may call us on our telephone numbers or send us an email.
Address : Scholarship Officer
Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation
C/o AG Furnace Improvements
K-33, Ground Floor, Kalkaji
New Delhi ? 110019
Tel.: 011-40588693/40588696 (Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS:
All the applicants should submit the required documents along with a print out of the Registered Online Application Form duly signed for scrutiny/verification. The application must be verified by the Dean/Principal/Head of the institute. (or the students may attach Bonafide certificate).
Documents to be submitted with the application form:
a) Copy of 10th and 10+2 mark sheets.
b) Copy of Rank card of entrance examination
c) Copy of Fee Receipt submitted by the student or Admission letter, in case of student who have taken admission this year.
d) Two recent passport size photograph taken in last six months.
e) Certificate of family income / BPL certificate / Certificate from local panchayat office for proof of annual family income / ITR
f) Copy of ration card or ID proofs of parents
If the detail provided in the online application is found to be incorrect & does not match with the submitted documents, the application of such applicants shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence shall be made / entertained in this regard. The required documents in a sealed cover should be sent by Speed Post or Registered Post only at the designated address and reach us ON or BEFORE 25th October 2016. Documents received after the due date shall not be accepted.
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITIONS:
1. Criterion for selection will be merit and family?s income. Applicants should fill in the same name (with same spellings) which appears in the mark sheet/certificate/degree of qualifying examination.
2. If documents of any applicant are not complete or proper, his/her application shall be rejected and no intimation on this account shall be given to such applicants.
3. All the documents to be submitted by applicants should be got attested from Principal/Head of the institution where the student is studying.
4. Applicants can hold their bank account in the branch of any Nationalised Bank (in India) having Core Banking Facility. Applicants should have the savings bank account in their names (joint bank account with parents/guardians in case applicant is minor) and selected candidates will submit attested copies of bank documents when required by the foundation.
5. Applicants will have to provide valid & active e-mail address & mobile number in their online application form & keep on checking their personal e-Mail / Mobile SMS.
6. For any information/queries, the students may contact to the foundation operating 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM, except for Holidays.
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation Scholarship Information
Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation Scholarship Information