The Gates Cambridge Scholarships
A global scholarship at Cambridge University : For intellectually outstanding postgraduate students with a capacity for leadership and a commitment to improving the lives of others
About the Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The selection criteria are:
outstanding intellectual ability
a commitment to improving the lives of others
a good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
While at Cambridge, Scholars pursue full range of subjects available at the University and are spread through its departments and Colleges.
Our Alumni are pursuing further study or employment across many sectors of society and, despite the relative youth of the programme, are increasingly taking on leadership roles and applying their knowledge and skills to improve the lives of others.
The aim of the Gates Cambridge programme is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
* First class of Scholars took up their awards in 2001
* Currently over 1,400 Gates Cambridge Scholars and Alumni from more than 100 countries
* 95 new Scholarships awarded each year: 40 in US round 55 in international round
* 225 Scholars from c. 50 countries studying in Cambridge
* Over 1,000 Alumni spread across the globe
Scholarships are available for a postgraduate degree in any subject at Cambridge for applicants who are ordinarily resident outside the United Kingdom You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
* a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
* applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
* PhD (three year research-only degree)
* MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
* One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
* You can use the form below to quickly check if you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and, if so, in which of the two application rounds you must apply. You will find full details about our eligibility criteria further down the page.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
* BA (undergraduate)
* BA affiliated (a second BA)
* MBBChir Clinical Studies
* MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
* Part-time degrees
* Non-degree courses
Deadlines for October 2017 entry: 12 October 2016 (US round) and 7 December 2016 (International round). Check which one applies to you.
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarships