FameLab India Science Communication Competitions
FameLab is one of the biggest science communication competitions in the world!
If you think you can explain a scientific concept in just three minutes, and are interested in developing your presentation and communication skills, FameLab is for you!
Communicating science to a lay audience is a growing priority for researchers worldwide. Indeed, the involvement of public audiences in designing research pathways has huge benefits in achieving successful outcomes and is increasingly recognised as a very important aspect of research agendas.
FameLab helps STEM workers acquire valuable skills to communicate their work accessibly and attractively to a non-scientific audience. The competition offers contestants training masterclasses, which focus on presentation and communication skills and aim to empower individual scientists and researchers in speaking about their work.
What's more? If you're chosen as the winner of FameLab India, you could find yourself travelling to the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK to represent India at the FameLab International grand final!
Anyone between the age of 20 and 40 years as of 1 June 2016, who is:
* A student of science, mathematics or engineering
* A scientist or researcher
* A lecturer in science, mathematics and engineering subjects
* Applying science, mathematics and engineering in Industry or Government
We cannot accept:
* Press of PR officers even for science-related organisations
* Artists who work on science-related themes
* Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
* Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly in public
* Journalists and broadcasters
* Non-specialist school teachers
How to register?
Registration for Famelab India 2017 is now open! Before you apply please make sure you are eligible to take part.
To apply, you will be required to fill in an application form and submit a 3 minute video of your 'science talk'. Detailed instructions for application are available on the application page.
Last date of applying: 30 Oct 2016
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : FameLab India Science Communication Competitions
FameLab India Science Communication Competitions 2017