Indo-German Training Centre - Introduction
INDO-GERMAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (IGCC)
* Non-profit organization established in 1956 and registered under Section 25 of the Companies’ Act 1956.
* Largest German Bi-National Chamber (AHK) abroad and the largest Chamber of Commerce in India with over 6,700 German and Indian member companies across diverse sectors.
* Part of the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) located in Berlin, Germany and the worldwide network of 120 Chamber offices in 80 countries.
* Head office in Mumbai, branch offices in New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Pune, and a liaison office in Düsseldorf, Germany.
* Services offered include Business Partner Searches, Company Formations, Legal Advice, HR Recruitment, Marketing and Branding, Trade Fairs, Information and Knowledge-Exchange through various Publications, Delegations and Events and most importantly, Training based on the German Dual Education System for the benefit of the Indo-German member companies.
INDO-GERMAN TRAINING CENTRE (IGTC)
* IGTC Mumbai established in 1991 followed by IGTC Chennai (2005), IGTC Bangalore (2008) and IGTC Kolkata (2010). All the four IGTCs share a common vision under the aegis of the Chamber.
* Programmes offered include a flagship 18-months, full-time, Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration based on the famed German Dual System to nurture future management trainees for IGCC member companies; and a one-year Executive Management Programme (on weekends) and Open Training Programmes for existing employees of the companies.
* Centrally located, fully air-conditioned, wi-fi enabled training facility with a well equipped library.
* Cumulative strength of 140 trainees accommodated for training across the four centres (50 in Mumbai, 30 each in Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata) and made readily employable for the industry.
THE GERMAN DUAL EDUCATION SYSTEM
The German Dual Education System is one of the cornerstones of the successful brand Made in Germany due to which a small nation of only 80 million people is able to be the world champion in exports for six consecutive years.
The model fosters joint educational responsibility between the training centre and collaborating companies, which creates the most unique combination and synergy between learning and working. It also leads to a constant modernizing of the curricula and guarantees an up-to-date learning that follows the developments of the economy.
The system is widely practiced in Germany for over 350 officially-recognized training occupations. It is also adopted in several European countries, notably Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and France, and for some years now in China, India and other countries in Asia.
Benefits for Students:
* The student is an intern of an assigned company right from the beginning of the programme and receives projects and assignments according to his growing abilities.
* The student can also benefit by acquiring the hard skills and soft skills of more experienced co-workers.
* The student develops under real conditions, being a part of live projects in industry. Therefore, he can judge whether he is competent at the job quite early.
Benefits for Collaborating Companies:
* The training develops the practical skills of the trainees to meet the company’s specific requirements
* Companies can prevent personnel fluctuation by offering training, since trainees develop strong ties to their company during their training period.
* Companies can review trainees carefully and choose the best ones for permanent positions, thereby reducing the chances of wrong hiring decisions
* By offering company-specific training, companies can eliminate the costs they would normally have in inducting new employees.
THE POST GRADUATE PROGRAMME IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BASED ON THE GERMAN DUAL EDUCATION SYSTEM
* 18-months, full-time business administration programme based on the German Dual Education System.
* Theoretical learning at IGTC alternated with hands-on practical training at an assigned company.
* World-class German and Indian companies invited to select their desired trainee/s during the admission process. Only applicants selected by industry admitted to the program.
* Holistic general management curriculum delivered by experts from industry and academia.
* Opportunity to gain on-the-job experience and to work on live projects at the assigned company.
* Personalized learning environment and mentoring toward individual development.
* German Language taught as a part of the curriculum.
* Dr. Günter Krüger Award for Excellence awarded to the Best Performing Student.
* 100% placement record with 700+ successful alumni.
COLLABORATING TRAINING COMPANIES
Current Training Partners (LOGOS)
BASF Group in India
Bayer Group in India
BBraun Medical India Pvt. Ltd.
Behr India Ltd.
DBOI Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Oetker India Pvt. Ltd.
ElringKlinger Automotive Components
Endress + Hauser India Pvt. Ltd.
Epcos India Pvt. Ltd.
Evonik Degussa India Pvt. Ltd.
Extentia Information Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Fuchs Lubricants India Pvt. Ltd.
Hella India Electronics Ltd.
HyperCity Retail India Ltd.
Inverto Sourcing Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Lanxess India Pvt. Ltd.
Schott Glass India Pvt. Ltd.
Tata Autocomp Systems Ltd.
Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd.
…..among many others
"Opportunities for a nation to be dominant on the global map come once in a lifetime. Now is the time for India and the route to achieving the potential is through its young professionals. In the emerging scenario, IGTC is in a unique position. The dual system of training, which is very successfully practiced in Germany, can now be applied in India. Unlike other management schools, only IGTC has the true ability to train young managers both on theory as well as practical experience with the excellent faculty support, your dedicated leadership and the involvement of German companies." Mr. Prasad Chandran, Chairman and Managing Director, BASF Group in India
“At Bosch, we have IGTC students working in HR, Accounts, Sales, Controlling, Finance, Purchase, Marketing and that says it all. Our experience with IGTC students has been extremely positive. They have lived up to the potential displayed during training phases. The internship stints also lead to the development of a close and strong bond with the organization. They give the students a clear practical edge at work because theoretical inputs get correlated to actual projects, thereby speeding up the learning curve when they get on to their jobs. Above all, they have good work ethics coupled with a lot of energy and do not come with their heads in the clouds. This is a distinct advantage.” Mr. A. Krishna, Senior Vice-President, Human Resources, Bosch Ltd.
“The IGTC post-graduate management programme which adopts the renowned German Dual System of Education is distinctive and unparalleled in India. This business school with which I have been associated for a decade, is a unique model that brilliantly integrates management theory and practice. With the support of all German Companies in India and globally, besides other corporates, it embodies the famed German discipline, academic rigor, pragmatism and lists an enviable faculty. This school will scale greater heights to come, because it provides aspirants with contemporary desirable learning content and employability. I wish the school every success in its future endeavours.” Mr. Sydney Prabhu, Director - Academic and Corporate Boards, Academic Advisor and Faculty at IGTC
“IGTC is the best thing that happened to me in my life, the dual system of education blends theoretical knowledge and management skills quite successfully. It has helped me to create new business opportunities, revitalise brands and 'raise the bar' in three top MNCs: BOSCH, Black & Decker and Sony over the last 10 years in varied industries in both B2C and B2B channels. I use my training in my job everyday to deliver exemplary work and I am proud to be an IGTC-ian." Magesh Srinivasan, Regional Sales & Marketing Manager (Middle East /Africa / Dubai), Sony Professional Solutions MEA (Alumni Batch 1998 - 2000)
“IGTC, through its rotational experience in varied functions and within its best-in-class partnering companies, ensures true blended learning and gives a career head start to both fresh graduates and experienced professionals. It gave me a sustainable advantage in the field of Human Capital Management.” Samir Murgude, HR Director, Honeywell Aerospace Singapore Pte. Ltd, Singapore (Alumni Batch 2002 – 2004)
Eligibility and Selection Process
* Fresh / experienced graduates and company-sponsored candidates with over 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply to the IGTC Programme.
* Stage I: IGTC Written Test* and Group Discussion
* Stage II: Personal Interview with Collaborating Training Companies
*IGTC Written Test includes Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical / Analytical Reasoning, General Awareness, Written Communication.
The programme fee is Rs. 2,00,000/- + Service Tax as applicable.
Fees once paid will not be refunded. Every student is expected to carry his/her own laptop throughout the programme for effective learning during theoretical as well as practical training phases.
Students can download the application form from www.igtcindia.com or alternatively purchase it from any of the Indo-German Training Centres or Indo-German Chamber of Commerce offices. The cost of the application form and prospectus is Rs. 1000/-. Payments are accepted in cash/demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Indo-German Training Centre’.
All IGTCs have a common Application Form, Application Fee, Admission Test and Group Discussion round. Students have the option to apply to more than one Centre by mentioning their preference – Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore or Kolkata – in order of priority clearly on the Application Form. In case, he does not get through the IGTC of first preference, his/her scores can be transferred to the other IGTCs. The candidate may have to undergo an additional Personal Interview Round at the respective IGTCs.
The form must be returned to the IGTC of first preference.
Mumbai: 2 - B, Vulcan Insurance Building, 2nd Floor, Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate, Mumbai - 400 020. Tel No: +91-22-22822002 / 22834773 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chennai: German Centre, New No. 32, G. N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017. Tel No: +91-44-28340107 / 28340067 Email: email@example.com
Bangalore: 304, Shah Sultan, 3rd floor, Cunningham Road, Bangalore - 560 052. Tel No: +91-80-40926130 / 40926110 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kolkata: 8, Ballygunj Circular Road, Kolkata - 700 019. Tel No: +91-33-24864144 / 24866398 Email: email@example.com
Indo-German Training Centre - Introduction